viernes, 21 de octubre de 2016

MEETING WITH A FAMOUS SPORTSWOMAN

We organised a meeting with Aleksandra Mądzik, who is a marathonist.
Aleksandra is one of the eight people in Poland (one of three women) who completed the World Marathon Majors.
She ran marathons in Tokyo, Berlin, Chicago, Boston, London and New York. She managed to do it in only 2 years' time.
During the interview she told us about her passion and people she met while running and she showed a lot of pictures.
Then we asked questions about her career, preparations for marathons and plans for future. We could admire her rich collection of medals.
Aleksandra is a lovely and open-minded person. She encouraged us for running.


THE INTERVIEW WITH A MARATHONIST - ALEKSANDRA MĄDZIK
  1. Why did you choose this sport?
A.M. : It was a complete coincidence. I liked running at your age and I used to run shrt distances 60m, 100m or 300m. Then I said goodbye running and started playing volleyball, but a few years later when I changed a job I went back to running. There was a running section at my work and I really liked this sport. You do not need much for running, good shoes are enough and besides you can go running everywhere.
  1. How many liters of water do you drink while running in marathon?
A.M.: I can't drink a few litres of water, it's absolutely too much. I drink water in plastic glasses which we get every 5 kilometres on the track. There are about 8 stands with water. I try to drink one glass which is not full – about 100 ml, so it gives the amount of less than 1 litre during the marathon. When it's hot I take one more glass with water just to spill on my body.
  1. How often do you train?
A.M.: 4 times a week. I'm running different distances.
  1. How much time do you spend on training?
A.M.: During the week my training session is about 5-6 hours long, and I run about 70 kilometers.
  1. Was it difficult to start running?
A.M.: Yes, it was. It wasn't like that: I went out from home and started running 40 kilometres. My first running exercise was 1 -1.5 kilometre long. After a few weeks I was ready to run 10 kilometres.
  1. Do you follow any diet before a marathon?
A.M.: Unfortunately, yes. This is one minus of running. I care about what I eat and of course don't eat everything. I try to avoid coffeee. A week before a marathon I don;t drink coffee or alcohol, I don't eat fast food. I prepare food myself. I eat more fish than meat. I eat fish 5 times a week. And shortly before a marathon I don't eat any rice, groats, fruit. I eat a lot of carbohydrates.
  1. If you didn't run, what would you do in your free time?
A.M.: I definitely would cook. I love experimenting in kitchen, I like tasting new things.
8. Who supports you in running?
A.M. : Family, my parents who are my great fans. And of course my sister and friends.
  1. How many injuries have you had?
A.M.: Fortunately, I haven't broken anything yet, but I had one serious injury after the marathon in New York. When I was running I didn't realize I had some liquid in my knee. Probably my body was exhausted and it manifested it that way. When I returned to Poland I when to emergency room. I couldn't walk for some time as it hurted very much. I had to take a break in running to let my legs rest.
10.How long have you been running in marathons?
A.M.: I started running in marathons 4 or 5 years ago. I have run about 14 marathons which gives the number of 3 marathons a year.
  1. Did you know as a child that you wanted to be an athlete?
A.M.: No, not as a child, but I always knew that sport would be close to me. I used to ride a bike, play volleyball (for 6 years). I also played table tennis. I always liked sport but I never thought that I would run long distances.
  1. How many kilometres can you run?
A.M.: I am able to run 42 kilometres.
  1. What do you do in your free time?
A.M.: I read books, travel and meet my friends.
  1. How many gold medals have you got?
A.M.: I haven't got a gold medal yet, not yet. The best place which I took was the fourth one.
  1. What do you like in running?
A.M.: It's an amazing kind of feeling, it's energy that winds me up. It really excites me.
  1. Do you want to take part in Olympic Gmes?
A.M.: I'm too old and besides, I'm not so good at running. But who knows, maybe one day...
  1. What is your biggest dream?
    A.M.: I want to go to Hawaii and run the local marathon . This is dream.
  1. Are shoes important in running?
    A.M.: Good shoes are the most important in running. They protect your joints.
  1. What's your favourite sport clothes brand?
    A.M.: I buy sport clothes of different brands.
  2. Do your glasses cause a problem while running?
    A.M.: Sometimes yes, because my nose sweats and they slide.
  1. How many countries have you visted?
    A.M.: As far as running is concerned I went to the USA, Japan, Germany and Great Britain.
  2. When did you take part in mararthon for the first time?
    A.M.: In 2002 in Warsaw.
  3. Who is your idol?
    A.M.: There's no one person , I follow a few people.
  4. How many medals have you got?
    A.M.: More than 100, the most important ones are in my flat in a special box.











No hay comentarios :

Publicar un comentario